Belk - Refusal to honor online promo code after order

I submitted an online order on on 12/31/14 after being given an online promo code for 75% off my order.I placed my order and received a confirmation email with an order #, telling me my order would ship within 48 hours.

Over 48 hours later I receive an email from Belk telling me that my product was unavailable and that my order was cancelled. I contacted them since the promo code is no longer valid after 12/31/14. I have since been told that they wont honor my code because that code was for in store only at a store that was closing. I have several friends that placed the same order I did at the same time and their orders were honored and have since been shipped out.

How is this fair practice at all? You cant pick and choose who you honor an order with.

If that was even the case, how did the website allow the code to be applied and give the discount?I'm beyond angry and will do whatever I can to have this fixed or I will make sure the world knows how they operate.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Product or service
Michael Kors Purse
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #578633

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Belk? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 02, 2015 #939786 West Roxbury, Massachusetts

um yeah they can pick & choose it's THEIR business. they told you and you admit so that they told you it was IN STORE only to be used at the store that was closing.
people need to get off their high horses and learn to take some responsibility for NOT understanding things.

1 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.